- Colorado Senator Michael Bennet's July 2009 speech
for the kick-off of the Northwest Denver Care Transitions Program®.
- Wyoming Public Radio's May 4, 2009
with Dr. Eric Coleman on Care Transitions.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services have contracts to launch the Care Transitions
Intervention® at 14 sites nationwide. A
November 8, 2008 article in the Brownsville Herald highlights the implementation of the CTI® at
sites in the Rio Grande Valley.
- The New York Times'
Science Times podcast on September 16, 2008, featured an interview with Dr. Coleman about
care transitions. In the same edition, an
article on patient discharge from the emergency room included quotes from Dr. Coleman on care transition issues.
*Please note: the podcast is a zipped file. To access it, click "save" on the pop-up window and save
the folder to your hard drive. When the download is complete, click "close" on the pop-up window.
Locate the "NYTimes_Podcast_2008.zip" folder on your hard drive, right click on it, and select "extract all".
- Dr. Coleman testified before the U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging during the July 23, 2008 hearing
on Person-Centered Care: Reforming Services and Bringing Older Citizens Back to the Heart of Society.
Link to the video of the hearing
Written transcript of Dr. Coleman's testimony.
* Please note, Real Player is required to view the video in the link above; free downloads are
available at www.real.com
- Dr. Coleman's editorial on post hospital transitions: How Can We Ground the Frequent Fliers? Journal of the
American Geriatrics Society. 2007;55(3):467-468.
Link to article on
- The June 2007 MedPAC Report (specifically Chapter 5)
The Commonwealth Fund's Interview with Dr. Coleman, published in the November/December 2006 issue of
the Fund Digest.
- McKnight's Long-Term Care News interviewed Dr. Coleman on transition issues for their May 2005
"60 Seconds With..." feature.
- Coleman EA, and Berenson RA. Lost in Transition: Challenges and Opportunities for Improving the Quality of
Transitional Care. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2004;140:533-536.
Health Policy Forum presentation
Colorado Public Radio broadcast with Dr. Eric Coleman on Care Transitions
An 18 minute broadcast, aired originally on November 22, 2004 and again on March 25th, 2005
- Coleman, EA and the Care Management Workgroup. One
Patient, Many Places: Managing Healthcare Transitions. A Report from the Robert Wood Johnson Care Management Workgroup.
- The American Geriatrics Society position statement: Improving
the Quality of Transitional Care for Persons with Complex Care Needs. Journal of the American Geriatrics
- Proceedings from the Aspen Transitional Care
Conference September 18-20, 2002. Aspen, CO.
The Care Transitions Intervention® and all of its materials are the property of the Care Transitions Program®. The Care Transitions Program® is solely authorized to provide training on the Care Transitions Intervention®. If another entity offers to train your organization, please contact us.
© Eric A. Coleman, MD, MPH