The Care Transitions Intervention® In Practice
- Academy Health published reearch findings on What Works in Care Coordination? Activities to Reduce Spending in Medicare Fee-for-Service. This report was taken from a panel session discussion held at Academy Health's Annual Reasearch Meeting on June 24, 2012.
- On December 13, 2011 www.democratandchronicle.com published an article addressing how a Follow-up care initiative seems to be cutting hospital readmissions. The article highlights the effectiveness of coaching in patient care.
- The Martha Stewart
Show highlighted the Care Transitions® website and tools on a
January 12, 2010 episode which featured information on healthy aging and the future of geriatric care.
- A group of teams from Western and Central New York were part of The Transitions of Care Quality Improvement Collaborative,
which focused on improving transitions of care. Their
executive summary details their experience and success in implementing the Care Transitions Intervention®
One organization from the collaboration which successfully implemented the Care
Transitions Intervention®, Crouse Hospital in Syracuse, NY, presented their
results at a November 2008 conference.
Another site, the Community Concern of Western New York and the Southern Tier TLC Health Network,
also successfully implemented the Care Transitions Intervention®; a
November 7, 2008 article in the Buffalo Business First
highlights their success.
- The National
Family Caregivers Association featured the Care Transitions Intervention® in
a Fall 2008 Take Care! newsletter article on "Protecting
your loved one during transitions in care."
- Navigating Care Transitions in California: Two Models for Change,
a California Healthcare Foundation issue brief provides an in-depth look at the Care Transitions InterventionSM.
The St. Joseph Health System has
implemented the Care Transitions Intervention®; they were the focus of a feature article in the
August 25, 2008 issue of Advance for Nurses. (click on the magazine cover at right to read the article)
- The John A. Hartford Foundation's
2007 Annual Report describes the Care Transitions Intervention® model and highlights its adoption
by healthcare organizations throughout the country.
The Care Transitions Intervention® and all of its materials are the property of the Care Transitions Program®. The Care Transitions Program® is solely authorized to provide training on the Care Transitions Intervention®. If another entity offers to train your organization, please contact us.
© Eric A. Coleman, MD, MPH