Summary of Prior Research in the Development of the Care Transitions MeasureTM
- Coleman EA, Mahoney E, Parry C. Assessing the Quality of Preparation for Post-Hospital Care from the Patient's
Perspective: The Care Transitions Measure. Medical Care. 2005;43(3):246-255.
Association of CTM Scores with Emergency Department and Hospital Use
- Coleman EA, Smith JD, Eilertsen TB, Frank JC, Thiare JN, Ward A, and Kramer AM.
Development and Testing of a Measure
Designed to Assess the Quality of Care Transitions. International Journal of Care Integration. 2002:2 April-June.
- Sample Transition Coach® Scripts:
To Introduce the CTM to patients
For the Home Visit
- Parry C, Kramer H, Coleman EA. A Qualitative Exploration of a Patient-Centered Coaching Intervention to Improve
Care Transitions in Chronically Ill Older Adults. Home Health Care Services Quarterly. 2006;25(3-4):39-53.
- Coleman EA, Parry C, Chalmers S, Chugh A, Mahoney E. The Central Role of Performance Measurement in Improving the
Quality of Transitional Care. Home Health Care Services Quarterly. 2007;000-000.
The Care Transitions Intervention® and all of its materials are the property of the Care Transitions Program®. The Care Transitions Program® is solely authorized to provide training on the Care Transitions Intervention®. If another entity offers to train your organization, please contact us.
© Eric A. Coleman, MD, MPH